Monday, January 11, 2010

This ones for you, Pookie...

Welcome to my first blog of 2010!

Can you believe that it is here already? I remember the big Hoopla when we were entering Y2K... Remember how the world was going to fall apart, planes were gonna fall from the sky and every computer since the Commodore 64 were going to blow up in your face, light your home on fire and make your car quick running?

WoW! We've come a long way...

Since we are here, did you make any New Years Resolutions? I like to think of them more as goals rather than resolutions. I am more apt to break a resolution than a goal. A goal is permanent. A resolution was made to be broken.

I am trying to get into 'Cancun shape' as Taylor would call it. We are heading to Cancun in the near future with two other couples and I am gonna try to be in tip-top shape for the beach. I am 36 hours in and feel GREAT! Just Kidding... We started being more disciplined the day after Christmas and I have actually kept it up. I am becoming more aware of what I eat. I am running fairly regular (which means more than NEVER!) and doing some crunches as well as some arm workouts. It does feel great to exercise, doesn't it? I am always amazed at why I don't do it more often. No Time. No Energy. Undisciplined! Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy!!! That is really what it ALL boils down to. We are just LAZY! Plain and Simple..

Taylor and I are extremely excited about our trip to Cancun. We are doing one of those 'all inclusive' resorts. You pay one fee and then it is all you can eat or drink while you are there. I hope to eat some REALLY great food while we are down there. I do NOT want to encounter Mantezuma in any form or fashion! Have you done one of these trips before? Got pointers / suggestions? If so, please pass them on to us...

Our Christmas and New Years was great. It was wonderful to be home and rest for a little bit. We did not travel although we had tons of people stay with us throughout the holidays. Taylor and I enjoy having people in our home.

I stayed up late and slept in several days in a row. I got a Clive Cussler (my favorite author) book for Christmas and finished it in a week. I stayed up until 4:30 one morning reading this book. It was very engaging. I LOVE books like that. Rumor has it that he has another new one out. I think I may go get it for our trip down South!

Life moves quickly. If you don't watch it, you will look up one day and we will be 25 years down the road. Be intentional with THIS day. Pray that God would use YOU for HIS Kingdom...

Bless You.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Johnny,
I've been thinking of you guys lately. We should all have dinner soon. Have you read Same Kind of Different As Me???? I'm reading it right now and it's awesome. You should check it out.