Monday, August 25, 2008

What if...

What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy? That is the quote on the back of a book Taylor and I are reading. What do you think of that? What does that do to your heart? How many people do you know would rather be Holy than Happy? I look around. I ask questions. This is the question, 'What do you want out of life?' Majority answer ... 'To be happy.' And I think that is very true. But this book tells us that to be holy and happy in marriage is to focus on ourselves in regards to our faults / flaws rather than your spouse. It sure is easy to focus on her though, huh? Jesus says to 'take the Plank out of your own eye before you try to get the Speck out of your brothers.'

School is back in FULL Swing... I was up at the school this morning for a couple of hours! Lots and LOTS of souls roaming the Ellison High School halls. Please pray for Young Life as we get back into the swing of things and hanging out with high schoolers! Such a Blessing. So many souls. So few workers. So little time.

I want to be holy...

No comments: