Thursday, September 11, 2008

He can't be controlled...

On Sunday, Taylor, my folks and I went to Lowe's to spend my $50 gift card from my birthday (9/3/1976). I love Lowe's. I really do. I could spend $2,000 in there and not think twice about it. The problem is that my gift card was only for $50. That creates limitations.

Anyhow, I bought an insecticide spreader, some bird seed as well as a Hummingbird feeder than suction cups (sticks) to your window. For only $4.99, we have experienced wonderful joys and pleasures! We have a constant attendant. Beautiful! Hummingbirds are pretty amazing. They sure do flap those lil' wings of theirs awfully quick. I love it! Livin' the Simple Life...

Last night at Campaigners (a Young Life Bible Study) we talked about Jesus being the Lord of the Sabbath from Mark 2. The Pharisees were trying to trap Jesus; looking for ways to accuse Him for the things He did on the Sabbath. His disciples were hungry and in need so they picked grain and ate it. That's a no-no on the Sabbath. Then Jesus heals a man's hand that is shriveled up. Bad News according to the Pharisee's. So I asked our high school friends why didn't the Pharisees like Jesus and Leslie replies, 'the Pharisees didn't like Jesus because Jesus CAN'T BE CONTROLLED!' That is Wisdom. That is Profound. From the mouth of a 17 year old girl. Thank You Jesus!

Live in such a way that those who don't know God may come to know Him because of you...

No comments: