Thursday, July 1, 2010

14 weeks and counting...

Pregnancy Highlights: (GB stands for Gummy Bear)


How Far Along: 14 weeks (Beginning of 2nd trimester)


Fruit: lemon




Size: 3 1/2 inches long and weighs 1 1/2 ounces


Baby changes: GB can squint, frown, grimace, pee and possibly suck its thumb!
* Thanks to brain impulses, GB’s facial muscles are starting to get a workout as its tiny features form one expression after another. And if he takes after his dad, GB is going to be super talented!
* kidneys are producing urine (which is released in the amniotic fluid)
* body is growing faster than head
* by the end of the week, its arms will have grown to a length that’s proportional to the rest of its body (legs still have some lengthening to do)
* starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over its body
* liver will start producing bile
* spleen starts helping in the production of red blood cells
* hands and feet measure about ½ inch long


Total Weight Gain/Loss: I am officially ending my 1st trimester with a total gain of 4 pounds


Best Moment this week: Looking forward to the 3-day 4th of July weekend! My family’s tradition is to spend the day at the Young’s on Inks Lake in Burnet. Lots of eating, boating and fireworks watching! Johnny’s folks will also be here for an evening and going to see Twilight’s Eclipse with some friends!



Gender: We are due to find out in late July / early August, but we’ve chosen to be SURPRISED!


Movement: not yet


Food / Drink Cravings: My husband exposed me to Black Cherry Dr. Pepper on Sunday…WOW! Now you have to understand, I NEVER drink soda, but this could be a problem! Fruit and pizza, but not together!



What I miss: Johnny! He moved to Tyler on Tuesday, although he will be back over the next couple of weekends.


Sleep: sleeping well


What I am looking forward to: listening to GB’s heartbeat and NO MORE SICKNESS, and please join us in praying for our home in Killeen to sell (especially since Johnny has officially started his new position in Tyler)


Symptoms: A first time for cramps - just like it’s ‘that time of the month.’ I threw up twice yesterday before my dentist appointment, but thankfully not there! I am still taking my zofran as needed, and I promise to let you all know once the whole nausea / vomiting combo is GONE!

No comments: