Wednesday, July 14, 2010

16 weeks and counting...

Pregnancy Highlights: (GB stands for Gummy Bear)


How Far Along: 16 weeks


Fruit: avocado




Size: 4 ½ inches long and weighs 3 1/2 ounces


Baby changes: GB’s legs are much more developed and its head is more erect
* eyes have moved closer to the front of its head and ears are close to their final position
* the patterning of GB’s scalp has begun, though locks of hair aren’t recognizable yet
* toenails are beginning to grow
* GB’s heart is now pumping approximately 25 quarts of blood each day, which will continually increase as GB grows


Total Weight Gain/Loss: 5 lbs total pregnancy


Best Moment this week: We had a whirlwind of a weekend – lots of people, lots of activity – jam packed into 3 days! It was great to see my sister who had not been home since Christmas. On Monday, we got to hear GB’s quick heartbeat, averaging 145 bpm. I’ve read women describe the sound as ‘galloping horses’, but it sounded like a windy day to me. It was awesome!


Gender: We are due to find out in late July / early August, but we’ve chosen to be SURPRISED!


Movement: not yet


Food / Drink Cravings: Chef Point Café in Watauga, TX (near Ft. Worth) - I could go on and on about this restaurant that some people we met at the wedding this past weekend told us to try out! Now YOU need to Google it, go and try it! Don’t let the look of it deceive you – it’s in a Conoco Gas Station. I’ve got 7 words for you…Lobster Bisque in a toasted bread bowl
YUM!


What I miss: Johnny, we are apart during the week days


Sleep: sleeping well


What I am looking forward to: spending this coming weekend in Tyler! Hard to believe I have not been there since our ‘interview’ back in April.


Symptoms: Sad to report, my symptoms have not yet improved, but rather digressed. I am back to waking up nauseated in the middle of the night (needing to eat) and every morning, similar to how it was in the first few weeks of my pregnancy. Just like clock work, I have thrown up every other morning for the past week. Hoping this will soon pass…

1 comment:

Jon and Jancie Hills said...

Tay, sounds like everything is coming along great... except for the sickness... will pray is passes quickly. Although it is a great sign of a healthy baby!!! Love you and am excited for you guys... thanks for updating, I love reading it! Love, Jance