Friday, July 23, 2010

17 weeks and counting...

Pregnancy Highlights: (GB stands for Gummy Bear)


How Far Along: 17 weeks

I promise to post some more baby bump pictures once I get to Tyler in August. My bump is a little more pronounced (lots of people have said this to me this week, especially) even as soon as I get out of bed in the morning – before food.


Fruit / Veggie: turnip





Size: about 5 inches long and weighs 5 ounces


Baby changes: GB’s skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone
* umbilical cord (the lifeline to the placenta) is growing stronger and thicker
* GB can move its joints
* sweat glands are starting to develop


Total Weight Gain/Loss: YIKES! Could I have really gained 3 lbs in almost 2 weeks (last appt was July 12)?! I didn’t think the 1 lb / week started until the 3rd trimester. I’ll have to reconfirm the weight gain next week…


Best Moment this week: Rendezvousing with my husband in Corsicana this week. We met ‘half way’ so I could bring him some last minute items he needs for camp and just to see each other since it will be another week + until I am officially in Tyler. Fun and spontaneous – I totally recommend this for any marriage!


Gender: We are due to find out in late July / early August, but we’ve chosen to be SURPRISED!


Movement: I’m not sure if it was really GB, but I wanted to document this anyway…
On Thursday morning, as I was laying on my back in bed with Johnny, in a hotel room in Corsicana (random & run-on, I know – I love details, ask Johnny) I felt some soft movement in my abdomen.


I checked the consistency of the movement to make sure it wasn’t just my heartbeat that I often feel in my tummy. It definitely was not that and then it soon ended. I like to think it was GB!


Food / Drink Cravings: pizza and lots of pasta / Italian food usually taste and settle really well, cereal, shredded hash browns and fruit.

What I miss: I miss the thought of moving away from the only place I've ever lived (not including College Station), away from my family, our friends, our church, and our first home together...all these places of comfort for me.

Don't get me wrong on this, I am absolutely SO ready to join my husband in Tyler and begin our life there, this new season of everything for us. I can totally rest easy because I know / trust that the Lord has orchestrated this for us. We aren't supposed to be anywhere but Tyler, TX. I am also resting in the love and support we have already been shown in Johnny's short time there and in my visits.

It is just beginning to feel real to me now...and I know even more real once our home sells and we buy one there.

Sleep: sleeping well


What I am looking forward to: ultrasound appointment scheduled in about 4 weeks in Tyler! I was sad to find out that I will not always have a sonogram and get to see GB every appointment I go to.

I am also finishing up work next week and joining Johnny in Tyler shortly following.


Symptoms: I was really looking forward to posting a good report as I began Week 17 on Wednesday, until last night / morning hit. I’m still getting nauseated and throwing up, but have had some better evenings and mornings the past few days, with the exception of yesterday / today.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Taylor, I bet that was GB! I felt Kammy between 17-18 weeks. For me, it felt like a little twitch in my tummy. :) Glad you'll get to be with Johnny full time soon!