Wednesday, July 7, 2010

15 weeks and counting...

Pregnancy Highlights: (GB stands for Gummy Bear)

How Far Along: 15 weeks

Fruit: apple





Size: 4 inches long and weighs 2 1/2 ounces


Baby changes: GB is busy moving amniotic fluid through nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in lungs develop
* legs are growing longer than arms now, GB can move all joints and limbs
* although the eyelids are fused shut, GB can sense light – for instance, if I shine a flashlight on my tummy, GB is likely to move away from the beam
* taste buds are forming


Total Weight Gain/Loss: I’m going to pass on weighing myself today with the maximum bloating and swelling in my stomach area that I feel :/


Best Moment this week: Looking forward to ANOTHER 3 day EVENT filled weekend – heading to Ft. Worth on Friday for a wedding Johnny is in, then my sister’s baby shower on Sunday – she flies in tonight!


Gender: We are due to find out in late July / early August, but we’ve chosen to be SURPRISED!


Movement: not yet


Food / Drink Cravings: The hospital opened a Freshens Smoothie / Yogurt this week in the lobby. It is yummy! Thankfully I’m only here another 3 weeks or all of my $ would be going there. I’ve been tearing up cereal, strawberries, and ranch burgers this week.


What I miss: sleeping in! It’s been a challenge to get up and stay up during the mornings this week.


Sleep: sleeping well


What I am looking forward to: My next appointment July 12!

Symptoms: more cramping and nausea / vomiting about every other day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i hope all those nasty symptoms go away soon so you can move onto the super fun stuff like feeling baby move around!!! ps-you inspired me to try cherry dr. pepper and you're right....it's purrrrty good!